Gone Gone Totally Gone


I've been listening to Tibetan mantras at work. There is that point in the day when mindfulness from morning meditation wears off and I need a little pick-me-up. Right now, my favorite mantra is the one from the end of the Heart Sutra - GATE GATE PARAGATE PARASAMGATE BODHI SVAHA. Meaning is something like this "Gone gone totally gone totally gone over the top, wakened mind, So, ah!" In the rendition above it starts at minute 21. I love how Gyuto monks' chanting got combined with Deva Premal's voice, but I wish there was no music in the background. Those flutes are too much sometimes. :) For more bare bones version, how about Dalia Lama and company?


It would be interesting to try meditating with these.

P.S.: Also, just found this one - Thai flavor, anyone? So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment